Ekos is on a mission to empower craft manufacturers all over the world to scale their businesses, streamline their processes, and optimize their teams. We’re looking for a Director of Sales to lead our growing sales team. Working initially as a player-coach, the Director of Sales will be responsible for all sales activities and attainment of all sales team objectives. As the senior-most sales professional in our organization, the Director of Sales will be a member of our management team and will work closely with the heads of other departments. Our product is Software as a Service and we sell primarily to small businesses via a phone-based sales process. Our sales process focuses on a healthy mix of marketing-generated leads and sales-generated leads. This position reports to Chief Executive Officer and is based in our Charlotte, North Carolina, headquarters.
• Lead all activities of the sales team as a player-coach.
• Motivate, mentor and lead a small (growing) and energetic team.
• Refine and communicate clear roles and responsibilities across the team.
• Continuously improve sales team effectiveness through one-on-one coaching and development/execution of a robust sales training and career-development program.
• Hire, onboard and train additional sales professionals to grow the team as company growth accelerates.
• Establish, implement and track performance management criteria that create alignment, generate attractive sales commissions and drive sales team performance.
Management Team Member
• As Ekos’ senior-most sales professional, contribute to overall company strategy, direction and leadership.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with heads of other teams, including marketing, business development, customer success, and product.
• Work closely with marketing to define and continuously refine the company’s messaging strategy, and to ensure that the sales team has all required sales enablement materials and tools.
• Work with finance to define and track key metrics and goals and to establish budgets and forecasts.
Analytics, Execution and Strategy
• Obsess over pipeline metrics and drive team action based on those metrics.
• Ensure attainment of sales goals.
• Understand our product and market in order to focus sales on ideal customers and segments.
• Implement sales tools (e.g., CRM, phone system, etc.) to drive improved sales effectiveness and to increase visibility across the team and company
• Develop, implement and execute a lead management strategy and sales processes that optimize the conversion of leads to deals.
• Compile market feedback to inform our whole company of the thoughts and sentiments of prospects and customers engaged by the selling process.
• Develop and maintain relationships with important customers, prospects and key influencers.
• Attend and participate in industry tradeshows, speak at relevant events and set the pace/example for how the company leverages tradeshows.
• 1-5 years of sales leadership experience – alternatively, if you are a rock star salesperson destined for a sales leadership role, we would like to hear your views on leading our team.
• Exceptional leadership skills and enthusiasm for sales.
• An obsession for success through sales pipeline and sales process management.
• Experience with phone-based sales to small businesses, software as a service a plus
• Superior organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
• Excellent listening, writing, speaking and presentation skills.
• Technologically savvy and adaptable to new systems and approaches.
• Strong sense of professionalism and ability to represent Ekos in a positive manner.
• Knowledge of the craft food and beverage industry helpful but not required.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Experience with Salesforce.com a plus.
• Availability to travel 2-3 times per month.