Ekos is on a mission to empower craft manufactures all over the world to scale their business, streamline their processes, and optimize their teams. We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to help us optimize our proprietary platform and help design future product offerings. This position reports directly to the CEO.
· Collaborate with the CTO, Developers, QA, and the Product Management team to design the best solution based on structured requirements
· Translate concepts into user journeys, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences for web and mobile experiences
· Quickly implement and fine-tune new and existing workflows that will create and optimize the user experience
· Engage with key stakeholders in target market segments to identify pain points & product/feature opportunities to properly communicate ideas and prototypes to product and development teams
· Design and envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
· Leverage user feedback as well as UI/UX best practices to drive and influence design decisions
· Participate in application development meetings and assist in implementing action items as needed
· Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
· Find creative ways to solve UI/UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
· Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
· Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in, preference to Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Design or equivalent education/experience
· Two or more years of UI/UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for web products
· Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet product needs and vision.
· Extensive experience in using UI/UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
· A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
· Be passionate about all things UI/UX and other areas of design and innovation to resolve user pain points. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
· Strong portfolio of design projects
· Problem-solving aptitude
· Analytical mind with a business acumen
· Excellent communication skills
· Must be able to work from office located in Charlotte, NC