real-time inventory management_
The efficient management of a craft business begins with sound inventory management. There’s a lot of information to manage, including when a batch will be ready to package, how much inventory is needed to fulfill orders, and when new raw ingredients and packaging materials need to be restocked. Ekos is designed to manage all of that disparate information, so you can ditch the notebooks, whiteboards, and spreadsheets and instead access everything in one digital system.
why makers manage inventory with Ekos_
real-time inventory updates
Inventory management is critical to the planning process. Ekos updates inventory in real time when raw ingredients are used in batches or finished goods are created. Users can also:
- Run reports on raw or finished goods inventory
- View inventory in storage locations through the facility view
- See current finished goods inventory to ensure sales orders can be fulfilled
forecast & plan for future orders
You need to stay on top of inventory levels in order to keep production on track. Ekos enables you to forecast raw ingredients and packaging usage. With Ekos, you can:
- View fluctuations of completed goods based on scheduled packaging plans and invoices
- Know when your ingredients are running low and set reorder points
- Analyze cost patterns to plan for future orders
custom facility view
Ekos provides a digital view customized to match your facility, including your taproom or tasting room, warehouse, and storage areas. This view makes inventory management easy, allowing you to:
- Transfer ingredient locations with easy drag and drop functionality
- Track what’s in each tank or storage area in real time from any device
- Save time by aggregating important info into a single, visual hub
solutions for craft makers_
optimize every area of your business_
Ekos is an end-to-end business management software that helps makers manage processes in every department. No matter your role, we provide the tools to help you stay organized, work more efficiently, and streamline systems.
- Manage inventory in real-time with visual facility view
- Forecast your next order and plan for the future by analyzing cost patterns
- Manage multiple locations in one system
- Assign tasks for the production team
- Access production logs and maintenance records
- Manage custom product recipes
- Sync with Square or Arryved to keep your systems in sync and eliminate 6+ hours of manual data entry per month
- Organize customer information, order history, contacts, and sales activity
- Create purchase orders, invoices, and inventory receipts from any device
- Check real-time inventory levels from anywhere
real success stories_
With Ekos, Bull City has access to an easy-to-use system with a hands-on, responsive support team. The cidery was able to cut down on time and resources for batch creation, inventory management and invoicing.
“Ekos is miles ahead of OBeer in terms of usability on a day to day basis. Employees are now free to be more creative and think more strategically about the business instead of being tied to computers doing administrative work all day.”
See how Ekos provided tools to streamline their inventory woes to maintain their solid lead as the top brewery in Louisiana.
“Understanding our costs and profit margins has always been difficult to manage. With Ekos, we have a better understanding of our entire operation which will hopefully lead us to become a more profitable business.”
Since 14th Star Brewing Co. has implemented Ekos, tracking what is coming in and going out of the brewery has been a breeze.
“I couldn’t run my business without Ekos. Like any good tool, everyone [at Bike Dog] is using it, and we’re not looking to use anything else.”
“Ekos allows us to track from raw ingredients all the way through production and provides valuable management information and tax reporting that has improved our record keeping from previous paper methods and spreadsheets.”
“Ekos has saved countless hours. We used to rely heavily on spreadsheets, but they do have their shortcomings. Ekos helps lessen that gap”
Since taking a deeper dive into their accounting processes with Ekos, Raleigh Brewing has been able to refine their operations and gain more insights into their numbers.
With Ekos in place, Ska can focus more on an overall strategy for continual growth. Leaving all the mind-boggling details to Ekos to handle.
“On the distributor side, we generate 50-60 invoices each day that have to be synced with QuickBooks. Without the Ekos sync, it would be horrible.”
“Every night as I prepared logistics for orders, I had to reproduce every order in two places. Ekos makes all your invoices for you and syncs with QuickBooks. I’m easily saving 5-10 hours per week.”